This component allows you to collect experiment events and perform the necessary data modelling for Mojito R Analytics reports and other tools.
There are two parts to this component:
- Events (
./events): Self-describing events emitted from experiments, comprised of JSON schemas and Snowplow JSON Paths / Redshift tables
- Data models
./redshift-datamodels: SQL data models for attributing
conversionsback to variant
To make use of this out of the box, you'll need:
- Snowplow running with Redshift as a storage target
- Snowplow's SQL Runner app
It's possible to do this without the above, but you'll need some heavy modification.
- Add JSON schema to your Iglu
- This is required for event validation and shredding during enrichment
- (Redshift only) Put the JSON paths files in your JSON paths folder
- If running Redshift, this maps the JSON keys to your table fields
- (Redshift only) Create the tables in Redshift for loading shredded events
- If running Redshift, this is the table definition that shredded events will populate
- Setup SQL Runner to load your report tables each day (Redshift data models)
- This step creates the data model used for reporting
We intend to support GCP/BigQuery in the future as we need, but for now, we only support Redshift.
Let us know if you encounter any issues and reach out to us if you need a hand getting set up.